For Beautiful Hair Holidays:
We all know how much the sun can damage our skin, but the lesser-known fact is what it can do to your hair! Chlorine, sun, salt and serious summer fun can wreak havoc on your luscious mane. Je'Suis hears you. We’ve prepared some helpful hints to get you and your locks through the party season in style.
Summer holidays are time to let your hair down!
Flowing, tousled locks or a flower behind the ear can look surprisingly appropriate and glamorous in summer. We love:
(Photo credit Vogue Au) (Photo credit Liya Kebede, Imaan Hammam & Oscar Isaac for Vogue US January 2014)
Consider lightening your hair for a sun-kissed look.
The summer sun causes your hair to lighten depending on your hair type. Try getting your hair lightened in the salon for a ‘just got back from holidays glow’.
Our hair is especially prone to damage in summer.
Dry hair is caused by sun, air-conditioning, chlorine and salt water. Dry hair looks dull and feels brittle.
Protect your hair daily with a product that contains sunscreen.
Protect Your Colour.
Over exposure to chlorine and salt water may affect your colour, especially lighter hair. Consider putting a defence product in your hair before swimming.
Products To Pack Or Have At Home:
- Brilliant Defence (Senscience) – Formulated with a selected blend of sunscreens to protect hair from the sun and colour fading.
- True Hue (Senscience) – Protects hair from sun damage
- Inner Restore (Senscience) – Smooths and helps repair the cuticle
- Cocktail Beach Spray (Evo) – Gives hair that fresh from the beach look
- Mister Fantastic (Evo) – Can be used as a thermal protector and texturizing spray
- There are many different treatments available on the market, try using coconut oil in your hair once a week, or using Inner Restore as either a conditioner or treatment.
- Spray some Brilliant Defence before going in the pool or beach to protect your hair
- You can also use Brilliant Defence before blow drying and again when dry
- This is a light product and will not build up in the hair or weigh it down
- Take advantage of the 2 for $17 True Hue Treatment deal, a leave in treatment that maintains colour with has sunscreen protection.
We hope you have a fabulous summer, wherever you may be. Don’t forget to look after yourself and your hair. Keep hydrated, happy and beautiful as ever.